Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Cake

Yesterday afternoon I made a cake.... 


A cinnamon swirly-yummy thing of a coffee cake...


Dusted in confectioners’ sugar yumminess...


I hadn't make a cake in a long, long while.  Simply, because many moons ago one day I decided I was going to remove sugar from my diet, and not to eat any sugary thing, except for some fruits.  And I had been faithful ever since.  But yesterday afternoon was one of those out of the ordinary, special occasions of the soul, when you feel daring inside you, and your little soul fills with whatever courageous feelings you didn't know you had, and you let your heart take over your brain, and as result... well, one thing lead to another, and all of a sudden I saw myself climbing up that lion's den where my soul had been trapped for some time now, and I saw my feet taking some unexpected path ahead through that jungle where the lion's den is, or was, and I run and run and run away from it all until I felt exuberant, and free again.  I never turned my head to look back once... not even once.  Until I was finally well and safe and free again in my little white cottage hidden in the woods. Hidden, yes because our tiny home is now completely camouflaged by summer's bounties, and only recognizable to elves and the random visiting gnomes.  And this is where my heart dwells.

When I finally looked around me, everything was again the way it should had been, and it hadn't been.  I mean, the sky was up again in the sky where it's supposed to be, and not on the floor as it has been for me... because yes, wherever I went, or walked, the sky was always down on the floor, and I had to step on it, and I couldn't find the sun, or see the moon, or stars, and I didn't like that a tiny bit. 

So, don't you just agree with me that this was a well deserving occasion for some cake!  I think so!  So cake it will be until it's all gone!  Thank you, Lord Jesus!



  
Thank you for all your words of encouragement, my friends.  "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones" (Proverbs 16:24)




8 comments:

  1. Oh my Dear, I am so happy for you!!!! That your world has turned to upright, again.

    Perhaps you did need to put it out, into the universe... Explain how you were feeling, in words, on your blog... Perhaps doing that, broke through the dam, which has been holding back the flow, of your usual ability to find Joy, around you.

    Perhaps...

    But, no matter what. Just be Joyful, in the release of the darkness. And I am Joyful, for you.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, did that... Eliminated all sugar from my life. But it didn't last long. I simply had to start my day, with decaf, which tasted as-good-as-decaf-can. So maple syrup was added, again.

    And then, I decided that my quality of life, needed my glass of Harvey's Bristol Cream, in the evening.

    And.... And....... Sugar crept back into my life. But I try for as many healthy sources as possible. Try to elimate processed food, etc. I have a single serving of a delicious Gluten Free dessert, from my Healthy Living Store, now and then. :-) Etc.

    I fully understand the desire to be sugar free!!! I know how it is added to just about everything processed. So we try to limit our purchase of processed foods. I know how "Big Food Inc." adds chemically made things, to processed foods, to make us crave their products. All of this, makes any thinking person, want to 'fight back'! Want to not be duped by "Big Food Inc."

    But enough! Today is not the day, to become aggravated. Today is the day, to share your Joy, at your return to your more Joyful Self!!!

    Many gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back to yesterday's post's comments... Which I don't usually do... But....

    It seems that your work environment, is a big part, of what is making you heart-sick. And wearing you down.

    Do you really, really, really have to work?

    You didn't for some time, when you moved. None of my business, why you went back to work, but..... If this is what is taking such a toll, on your quality of life, is it wise?

    Please... Maybe.... Ask yourself this...?

    Because, even though your spirits have risen... If you stay in this toxic environment, will your spirit not begin to wither again...? -sigh-

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Ms. Luna. That work environment was taking a huge toll on my quality of life... and that's why I quit this past Monday! ;) :) Happy happy and freely happy!

      Thank you for your concern...

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. Dearest Cielo, I have always found that returning to hearth and home and creating, is good for my soul. I think the role of Baker, becomes you, my dear. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely cake! It reminds me of a wide ruffled skirt. There's nothing as comforting as the sweet aroma of freshly baked goodies wafting through the house. I had wondered the same thing that Luna Crone voiced. I know just how much job stress can affect us and our health. I had a very stressful bank job in Beverly Hills many years ago and ended up having to quit because my nerves gave out.I still feel the effects of it today more than 30 years later, I still get panic attacks. We must take care of ourselves querida amiga. Nuestra salud tanto fisica como mental no tiene precio. Un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, did that... Eliminated all sugar from my life. But it didn't last long


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I understand... it is very hard! ;)

      Cielo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...