Wednesday, September 27, 2017

For sale

The “for sale” sign was finally put up last evening. 


People passing by were already slowing down and looking down… down the hill, at our little white cottage, and maybe, too, considering the possibility of finally being able to go behind the little white cottage and take a look at the garden?  Yes, that very same garden that since the very first day it was planted had been beckoning every passersby and neighbor to come beyond the fence, and look around.  This is their chance.  Finally.   I’m just hoping that people would ask for permission first before daring to go around and take a look.  I’d must definitely won't like seeing strangers walking around, or looking through the windows…  


I have been told I am to leave behind all my lovely chandeliers and the extra-long, extra pretty window panels for the next owners to enjoy, and I don’t understand how does that works, because I feel, and totally believe with all my heart, that those objects are to be treated as a woman’s personal little treasures… I mean, like a favorite parasol, or a pearl hair pin, or a beloved wide skirt with its panniers, or wide hoops, and petticoats.  Wouldn’t you agree? 



The two, oversized wall art, one in the living room and one in the kitchen area are to stay too, but those are stuck to the wall, so I can understand that.  In any case, I must take a big breath, close my eyes to these things, and hope the house sales for what we’re asking.



Early this morning, I went up the hill and took lots of pictures of our little white cottage with the ‘for sale’ sign up on the front yard… 


It was sad, and exciting, and it was almost a farewell ceremony of sorts between two souls, where one would stand in front of the other and hug, and kiss and say goodbye, until we meet again.


Who would live here and care for the garden, I wonder.  And who would sit on the front porch and watch the fireflies on a summer’s night and talk to the moon?  Would she be able to meet the witch who lives in my woods and see the white rabbit who wears a waistcoat?  “Oh, my furry whiskers, I'm late I'm late I'm late”.


You see, maybe she won’t see any of this, or none of it?  Because, really, to be able to enjoy all those things one must have a special heart and eyes that see.  For those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

You know what it’s been said: “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.” Unfortunately, not everybody does… but you do! I know you all do!  Otherwise you wouldn’t be here visiting this blog! ;)


Carry the magic with you my friend! And don't let anything dull your sparkle!  

I’ll continue keeping you posted on our journey!  

Thank you for being here with me!
UPDATE:  WE'RE SUPER SUPER EXCITED TO THE MOON AND BACK EXCITED!!  WE GOT A PHONE CALL FROM OUR REALTOR JUST NOW - 8:06PM. WE GOT 2 OFFERS AND ANOTHER ONE COMING UP!  ALREADY!!  IN THE OWN WORDS OF OUR REALTOR:  OUR LITTLE WHITE COTTAGE IN THE WOODS IS THE TALK OF THE REALTORS AND BEYOND.  I HAVE NO WORDS TO EXPRESS HOW I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW!!  THIS IS INCREDIBLE YOU GUYS... INCREDIBLE!!   

 



18 comments:

  1. Just look at what you have created!!!! What a welcoming sight, it is! Just perfection, for the people who need a perfect space.

    But for those who love, just enough room... For those who want a perfect jewel... For them, the call will be there! :-)

    I take it, that the realtor tells you, what you must leave... To get the price you are asking? Because what one leaves, must usually be totally up to the seller. Orrrr... Is there some silly rule, about "if it is installed" or some such? Not having sold, in 50 years, I'm very rusty on all the "details." :-)

    Oh I'd love to sell this 2 story family home!!! But for personal reasons, we won't. I'd love a cottage! A perfect-size-for-two-people cottage! Oh sighhhhhhh... But, it's not going to happen. So....

    Now of course, I am wondering what you will do, in less than 3 weeks? (From your IG) If you move out here, can you move right in, there, then?

    Enjoy each moment, while still here. And look forward to the fun it will be, making "The House In The Roses" yours again! Re-aquainting with the faeries, there. I'm sure the garden will keep you busy, till the snow flies!!!!!!! So much to bring back to life.

    And isn't that nice????

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and the call was definitely here Ms. Luna! Unbelievable, but we already got two offers and one coming up... we are waiting to see which is the best! So excited!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Oh, and another "wonder"....?

    Will you go back to blogging, in the original "House In The Roses"? Or will you begin, something like, "Return To the House In The Roses"?

    Then again, with all that has been going on, you may not have even thought of that! :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will start anew! Definitely a new life a new blog! I have already though about starting a new one, you're so wise! ;) Love love your wisdom!

      Love and hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. My understanding is you can leave things in your realtor photos but have your realtor list the things you want to keep and say "does not convey" about these items in the listing details. However, as for chandeliers, curtains, etc., it is best to take them down before the realtor does photos. At this point, the lovely chandeliers and curtains you have will help your home sell.

    On another point, do you know what shape your "house in the roses" is in? I can't imagine anyone took care of the gardens like you would have. They will be so happy you have returned!

    Hang in there. I know you are in a very stressful time. Prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanie... you're so right! I guess the chandeliers and curtains are really helping! We already got two offers and another coming up... I can hardly believe this... I'm so excited! And sad that we're living, and you're right, stressed and edgy and excited at the same time. Our house in the roses is awaiting for us, but oh it needs help... unfortunately, we will be moving in the winter, which means I'll have to wait until May to start working the garden back to life... ;) Something to look forward to!

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm still reading as time permits, but didn't realize I could comment.

    How exciting you're moving back home to the lovely House in the Roses but you and your sweetie have worked wonders with The Little White Cottage in the Woods. I remember how it looked when you first arrived.

    It's been 15 years since we last moved, but there is NO WAY I'd let the realtor tell you what you must leave with the house. We've taken our chandelier with us to our last 3 homes and it is here with us still. You should take whatever you want to from your home and give the buyer $X allowance to buy their own chandelier.

    Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cielo, thank you for your replies, to my questions.

    Oh yes! Buyers are coming and will come!!! How could anyone who passes by, not want to live there??????? Some may have been passing by, for some time, just in hopes that a For Sale sign would go up!

    And a new blog, for a new chapter in your life. Lovely.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, now is not the time to mention a new project!!!!!!

    But.... :-)

    You do such marvelous things with decorating your own homes, both inside and out. Have you ever considered doing this, as a service, for others?

    Starting very small of course, so it is not an overwhelming job. And you could grow, or not, as it felt best.

    I know! I know! The last thing you need now, is a new project to ponder on!!! ,-))))))

    But! Who knows?!? If this move becomes really stressful, at times... You could sit in a quiet corner, and just let your mind wander, into the realm of new possibilities... Just relax and... ponder.... :-)

    I'll go now!!!!! >,-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll have all winter to sit and draw out plans for your "new/old" garden. I hope someone with a child buys this cottage--just think how a little kid would love that woods!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you have offers that quickly - that's amazing! But I'm not surprised - your house is beautiful. Why do you have to leave your beautiful chandeliers and curtains? Unless the buyer stipulates that in the contract that those stay, you can take those with you. Sorry I'm so behind on your blog...why are you moving? To be closer to your mother? Have a beautiful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your leaving... o my.. where are you going now. I have to catch up. Boy i been missing things around here... with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you have multiple offers on the first day that you put the little white cottage up for sale! You've done so much work and made so many improvements since you bought it that I'm not surprised people are getting in line to snatch it up! I would definitely double check about the chandeliers Cielo, because it's entirely possible that the new owners will just take them down and put in different ones when they move in. In that case it wouldn't make sense for you to leave them behind. Moving back to the House in the Roses in the winter time will give you several months to work on the inside before starting on the garden in spring. I can't wait to see pictures! I had many questions but Luna Crone already asked everything I was wondering about. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no doubt! Congratulations! I am glad you are happy!


    ReplyDelete
  12. Please post everyday so we can all follow your lovely journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not surprised that your house may be sell quickly. It is beautiful. When we sold our last house I told them I was taking a few things and they said as long as it was in the contract or I took it down before they made the contract and replaced them it was alright.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Of course the little cottage would sell fast. You did such a beautiful job bringing the gardens back to life and I love your decorating inside!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...