Saturday, October 14, 2017

Returning to the little white cottage

The little white cottage looked phantasmagoric, and wonderfully magical under the dark veil of shadows, the night we got back home two days ago, last Thursday. 


Coming up that dark hill, there she was!  What peaceful, wonderful feelings the sight of this little white cottage of us it was!  And how it brought to my tired eyes and soul feelings of wellness, and belonging, and security and the marvelous peacefulness I was so craving.  Is this home?  Is this still our home?  Can I call it that?  My dear little white cottage and magical place to be!  I'm already missing you!  I will never have anything like you ever again, and how I will miss you!  Your darkness.  Your peacefulness.  Your charm and magic.  Your woods.  Your cats.  Your roses in December.


The Fisherman has already started his new job, but have travelled south with me to our little white cottage to help me pack things up and get the last things ready.  Soon, we’ll be signing up papers to finalize the sale of our little white cottage, but in the meantime, I’ll remain in this sort of a limbo-estate where I am here, but not here, and I am there, but still not there kind of a thing.  Not a home here not a home there.  It is an uncertain time indeed when you don’t know where you belong.  


In between packing and boxing things up, I’m also creating and coming up with new inventions in my mind as far as decorating goes.  I know exactly how I want to style our house in the roses, and while I get rid of many of the things I’m not taking with me and give others away, I am rethinking and redoing things up.  Like with these set of large pictures here.


When we lived at the house in the roses these two ladies embellished our master room for years.  I loved them, but my taste and decorating style have changed a lot since then.  I had never used them here in our little white cottage and I know I won't use them there either. So on talking to our neighbor Don Manuel yesterday, I offered him the 'ladies'.  Both of them!  You go ol’ dear friend! Haha...

  
Don Manuel, however, took with him a lot of the other stuff I had in the garage that he found more to his liking and decided to have his wife Graciela come by at a later time to see if she wanted the pictures.  She never did come by, so this morning I decided to be creative and try something different with the pictures before I gave them away...  


And I like how they turned out!  Sorry Graciela!


I simply glued and painted the piece that had broken off the corner of one of the frames, and replaced the ladies with something more to my liking and style these days.  I could have used fabric for this project, and maybe I will at a later time, but for now I used what I had on hand.  I simply wrapped some leftover adhesive drawer paper to the backing of the frames and now I have some beautiful large abstract painting in my favorite black and white, ready to hang with all the hardware pre-attached! 


I did something similar with my Mona Lisa poster a few weeks ago.  She was a simple, old poster I found at a thrift store.  I loved her since the minute I discovered her, but not exactly the poster frame she came with. 


A few days later I returned to the thrift store on a specific hunt for a proper frame.  I was extra lucky to find an extra cheap, extra-large painting with a beautiful frame.  I didn’t really cared for the painting that came with it, but love, love the extra pretty, extra-large frame.    

I removed and threw away the old poster frame that came with the Mona Lisa poster, and then bought and cut to size an inexpensive Walmart heavy duty mat art board in black.  I didn’t want to use a regular photo mat for my Mona Lisa, because I wanted the poster to blend to the background so as to give the impression of continuity and the idea of a larger painting.  The mat art board was perfect for this project. I just taped the poster to it.


The large gold frame, perfection!   
Can't wait to put her somewhere in our old new home!


I am confident I will bring our house in the roses to a glorious ‘after’, and can hardly wait to start decorating it and working on all the things I want to do there.  It’s been quite the week last week when I entered that house and saw the disaster the renters have there.  And how can I say “THANK YOU” enough or proper enough to all of you, my dear readers and bloggy friends who have taken time of your precious time to come here and show your love and support to me through your words and comments and emails!  I am in awe and in debt to you.  You would never know how much you have helped me and guided me and supported me through these past few days.  I truly appreciate you so much!  You’re my angels and the friends who truly understand the real me.  Bless you all!


Thank you and much love to you all! 



9 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear from you!!!!

    These have been trying times. Times of upheaval and confusion and ... many not so nice feelings. So I was worried for you, in your efforts to rise above it all. Along with the selling, and the traveling, and the finding out sad things, and more traveling, and...... I am simply very glad to hear from you!!!!

    You have regained your "ooomph"! You are planning. That means you (mostly) put aside the worries, and the confusion. You are planning!!!! That means so much! I'm sure you will agree. :-)

    And I am more settled, in looking forward, to when you start a new blog. And really return up north. And begin to take us, step by step, through all the 'doings'!! All the plans, continuing. And all the practical things happening. All of it!!!!

    I feel better, in anticipating joy, as you take us along. Because you are able to twirl again. Or will be, soon. Twirl, laugh, smile, all the things, which mean you are in your element, again.

    Belated Happy Birthday wishes!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU make me so happy! Can we be neighbors? Oh yes yes please! ;) Love to read you, love to listen to your wise, wise words... love to see you flying 'round in your magical broom outside my window on moon illuminated nights... How nice to have you as one of my readers, and friends!

      Hugs a plenty Ms. Luna! And happy flying! ;)

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. You know that your little house in the roses will be beautiful by Christmas. You beauty, have the magical ability to transform a porta potty and make it stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes and Happy Birthday to you, you always inspire me, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your re-do's I have found a lot of nice gold frames lately at the thrift stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I new adventure for you and so close to a new year and a new beginning. Cannot wait to see what you create in your new/old home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I for one am excited to see the House in the Roses again. I had just started reading that blog (I went back into the archives and enjoyed the older blog posts) and then you up and moved. lol Of course, it was exciting to watch THe little White Cottage too but wanted the House in the Roses to continue.

    So I as I'm sure others will be with you in your new journey back to the House in the Roses. Sounds like you are moving right along so fly away. Jerris

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good you had a home you enjoyed so much. I think a bit of your heart was left in the house in the roses. So sorry to hear how the renters have left it. You will make it beautiful and yours again. Hope your move goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...